Welcome Guest,
We have recently added a new feature: Baby Name Forums
Member's Name Cart
Your name cart is currently empty. Click the star next to a name or add to favorites to get started.
Main Menu
  Top 100 Baby Names
  Unusual Baby Names
  Powerful Baby Names
  Baby Name Articles
  Baby Boy Names
  Baby Girl Names
  Quick Search
  Alphabet Search
  Baby Name Links
  Baby Name Wizard
  Baby Name Tips
  Baby Name Forums
    Baby Names
    Baby Shower
    Newborn & Baby
    Toddler & Preschooler
    Trying to Conceive

Baby Name Forums - Archives
  Baby Names
  Baby Boy Names
  Baby Girl Names
Thread: Pregnancy / At 32 weeks and confused about baby doctors!
Friday, December 07, 2007

7:00:22 AM

At 32 weeks and confused about baby doctors!
   Hi, as the title says i am around 32 weeks along now, and have been getting mixed information while trying to find a pediatrician for my soon to be here family member! According to my dr and alot of books ive read i should have already met a ped and be registered at the hospital where they will check the baby's health right after birth before going home. However, when i try to find a ped i am being told the opposite when i go to the offices/call to try and get one lined up, that i should contact them again after the baby is born. I'm not sure if this is just because the places i call are all booked up or what, but which way is it? When have some of the mothers here found their pediatrician?

This is my first child, I am 23, and until my boyfriend and i decided we wanted a child i was very much a avoid the subject type of person, if that makes sense to anyone. I asked my mother what she did, but she was friends with the person who later became the dr for myself and my two siblings, so that situation was a bit different. I almost wish i still lived where i grew up so i could just go to the same dr and avoid this confusion!
  Quote Post
Tuesday, October 14, 2008

10:45:15 AM

Re: At 32 weeks and confused about baby doctors!
  I had the same situation when I was pregnant with my first Lol.

You should call, get some information. Maybe call the nurses line, and ask about the things that are important to you. 24 hour oncall? how many doctors in the practice? small and personal? how many patients?  what hospitals do they work with? etc.....
if they dont get back to you within 48 hours, ditch them!

when you find one you like, you dont have to make the appointment BEFORE your baby is born.u however when you pre-register with the hospital, you put your choice on the registration. the hospital staff will know what to do! theyll call the doctor(as long as they participate with that hospital), and you'll have the chance to talk to the doc on a more personal level at the hospital.

when you and the baby are discharged, the doctor will tell you when to make your next appointment. you just call the doctors office then, and let them know that you are supposed to bring your *brand new* baby in on the date the pediatrician tells you to!

piece of cake!!! good luck!!!
  Quote Post

Home | Quick-Search | Search By Alphabet | Baby Name Articles | Babynames Forums | Register
Links | Baby Name Tips | Sitemap