Welcome Guest,
We have recently added a new feature: Baby Name Forums
Member's Name Cart
Your name cart is currently empty. Click the star next to a name or add to favorites to get started.
Main Menu
  Top 100 Baby Names
  Unusual Baby Names
  Powerful Baby Names
  Baby Name Articles
  Baby Boy Names
  Baby Girl Names
  Quick Search
  Alphabet Search
  Baby Name Links
  Baby Name Wizard
  Baby Name Tips
  Baby Name Forums
    Baby Names
    Baby Shower
    Pregnancy
    Parenting
    Newborn & Baby
    Toddler & Preschooler
    Trying to Conceive

Baby Name Forums - Archives
  Baby Names
  Baby Boy Names
  Baby Girl Names
Thread: Trying to Conceive / I think I may be pregnant!

Wednesday, December 05, 2007

10:10:17 PM

I think I may be pregnant!
   Well my last period ended on August 13th, almost 4 months ago...I was on the pill for a little less than a year before that, my periods were normal before the pill and while it took a few months for my periods to get regular again, they were up until august.(I hope all of that makes sense)

I keep worrying I'm pregnant. Well, worry would be the wrong word because then it would mean I don't want a baby. I do, but I'm not in a huge rush. My boyfriend doesn't care either way, but would be excited if it happened. We are in a committed relationship, we have our own apartment, and completely support ourselves. Were currently "not trying, not preventing"...

Anyway, I've taken several pregnancy tests, all negative. Now I've started feeling movements in my stomach. I've never had a baby before so I have no clue what fetal movements feel like, but it feels very much like how I would think they would. I've done a bit of research on it and I know it could be something like gas or digestion. The movements are bout 2 inches to the right of my belly button, and don't move from side to side, but they do move up and down a little.

Now I know I should go to the doctor, but I'm posting this mostly because I need someone to talk to. I'm talking myself into going to the doc more and more every day.

Plus, I did go to my doctor a couple months ago for my annual pap smear and because my periods were missing. She just did the pap smear and told be to start taking prenatal vitamins(which I have) and come back when I need a pregnancy test.

Now if I do go to the doctor, and all she does is tell me I'm not pregnant after the urine test, how to I convince her to do a blood test? Should I ask for a sonogram to confirm it if the blood test comes back negative?

I'm afraid I'll look like an idiot if I tell the doctor I'm feeling movements and it's nothing.

Thanks for any advice anyone can give.
-Amanda
  Quote Post

Tuesday, June 24, 2008

12:08:35 PM

Re: I think I may be pregnant!
  Eep, sounds like you might have something to be pondering over. :) The doc has to do as you request...maybe play it off lightly, if you do want a blood test. Like, "I know it's silly, but I just would feel a lot better after a blood test..." How could she refuse that? It's her job. :)

I hope it all works out okay. If you are, congrats! If not, and you got your share of worry from this, my advice would be to go on the pill to prevent another scare til you're absolutely sure. But then again, you sound like you're totally capable. It's just a matter of feeling right, right? :)

Good luck!
  BuddyHollyChick
  Quote Post

Home | Quick-Search | Search By Alphabet | Baby Name Articles | Babynames Forums | Register
Links | Baby Name Tips | Sitemap