Welcome Guest,
We have recently added a new feature: Baby Name Forums
Member's Name Cart
Your name cart is currently empty. Click the star next to a name or add to favorites to get started.
Main Menu
  Top 100 Baby Names
  Unusual Baby Names
  Powerful Baby Names
  Baby Name Articles
  Baby Boy Names
  Baby Girl Names
  Quick Search
  Alphabet Search
  Baby Name Links
  Baby Name Wizard
  Baby Name Tips
  Baby Name Forums
    Baby Names
    Baby Shower
    Pregnancy
    Parenting
    Newborn & Baby
    Toddler & Preschooler
    Trying to Conceive

Baby Name Forums - Archives
  Baby Names
  Baby Boy Names
  Baby Girl Names
Thread: Baby Names / Middle Name Crisis: Family Tradition vs Love!

Sunday, December 14, 2008

12:41:00 AM

Middle Name Crisis: Family Tradition vs Love!
  Middle name crisis: Family Tradition vs Love!

My husband and I are expecting our first child, and have chose to not find out the sex. If it is a boy, the middle name will be Patrick, after our best friend that passed away a few years ago. Most likely Myckem Patrick (Pron. My-kum)

However, if it is a girl -- her middle name will not be so easy. Her first name will be Noa, and my mother is insistant that it is Noa Lynn. Lynn is a middle name that has been passed down for generations, including to myself. I love Noa Avery and Noa Ramsay.

So-- the question -- Should I go with family tradition, or a name that I love? HELP!
And what do you think of Myckam Patrick?
  KrriColby
  Quote Post

Monday, December 15, 2008

12:25:24 PM

Re: Middle Name Crisis: Family Tradition vs Love!
  What about Noa Avery-Lynn?

Quote Post

Saturday, December 20, 2008

10:12:21 PM

I really like both your names, first of all. I guess as far as middle names go, just ask yourself, one way or the other will you have regrets? If you choose Lynn, are you just doing it out of guilt? and you never know, even if you dont use it your daughter may someday with her kids. A lot of names skip generations and come back someday. Or like the pp said you could combine like something like Averlynn, or something.

Hope This helps!

Jenna
  Quote Post

Sunday, January 04, 2009

10:31:45 PM

Personally I really do like the combination of Noa and Lynn, but I also think Noa Lynn+Ramsay could work. I mean like Noa Linsay or Noa Lynsie.
  Quote Post

Thursday, January 08, 2009

7:52:36 PM

i dont like the boy name you have picked up simply because how it is pronounced, it is asking to be teased.
but i really like noa for a girl, its very pretty and you have to follow your heart. for the rest of your life this will be the anme you hear everyday.
  Quote Post

Tuesday, January 20, 2009

12:04:05 PM

I agree with a former poster, the boy name isn't one I'd ever use. The way it is pronounce is horrible, teasing will occur.

Noa is pretty for a girl-
  Quote Post

Tuesday, January 27, 2009

6:25:42 AM

Originally posted by KrriColby

Middle name crisis: Family Tradition vs Love!

My husband and I are expecting our first child, and have chose to not find out the sex. If it is a boy, the middle name will be Patrick, after our best friend that passed away a few years ago. Most likely Myckem Patrick (Pron. My-kum)

However, if it is a girl -- her middle name will not be so easy. Her first name will be Noa, and my mother is insistant that it is Noa Lynn. Lynn is a middle name that has been passed down for generations, including to myself. I love Noa Avery and Noa Ramsay.

So-- the question -- Should I go with family tradition, or a name that I love? HELP!
And what do you think of Myckam Patrick?

Without holding back, I'd just like to say that your choice of name is stupid. If it needs an explanation of how to pronounce it before he is born, why burden him with having to do it for the rest of his life?

Why is it necessary to conjure up silly names? I can suggest Parp or Brontifilipoo. Total nonsense, I think you'll agree.
  Quote Post

Home | Quick-Search | Search By Alphabet | Baby Name Articles | Babynames Forums | Register
Links | Baby Name Tips | Sitemap